gamcheck - online casino disputes

Online Casino Disputes and Mediation

If you only play at licensed UK online casinos and follow the operators terms and conditions, it is unlikely you will ever have reason to open an official dispute.

Common disputes between operator and players are ID verification, wagering bonus money on restricted games and self-exclusion. In most cases, you will have learnt an expensive lesson if you have deliberately (or even accidentally) broken the rules, however if you feel your funds are unjustly seized, help is at hand.

If you have joined any licensed UK operator through this site, you may be covered by our complementary 'Deposit Guarantee' service.

casino complaints

Step One: Make a Complaint

Make an official complaint using the dedicated e-mail address which can be found in the terms and conditions of the operators web site. This is usually different than the general correspondence address - use 'live chat' option to check first.

In most cases, you will need to send the complaint from your registered e-mail address. Fully detail your complaint, include your username and postal address.

Important Notes:

  • It is prohibited to use false registration information, register multiple accounts or use a payment method which belongs to a third party. Your complaint will unlikely be considered if you have done any of these
  • If you have previously self-excluded at a linked or 'sister site' of a casino, then the operator is under no obligation to pay winnings. You should receive your most recent deposit(s) back along with details of when your exclusion period is over
  • Using threatening behaviour or strong language in any correspondence with the operator will likely harm your case. Being polite and respectful throughout the complaint process sometimes breaks a stalemate
  • The use of a VPN or other IP changing software is never allowed and attempting a 'charge-back' with financial institutions will cause serious implications for the player and may lead to fraud investigations with police involvement


Step Two: Alternate Dispute Resolution

If you are unsatisfied by the response of the operator to your official complaint, you have the option of referring the dispute to an nominated Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider. In most situations this is a free service, although some may charge a fee which will you will be informed of at the start of proceedings.

The ADR entities below have been approved by the Gambling Commission for the purposes of the Alternative Dispute Resolution for consumer disputes in the UK.

alternate dispute resolution